Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Perfectly Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

I'm BA-AACK!!!! 

I took a bit of a break from blogging cause things got a little busy around here.  There were parties, relatives to visit, trips to take, etc.  Anyway, I'm back to share more delicious recipes with you starting with this one for my favorite fluffy, buttermilk pancakes. 

I made these this morning and my kids ate a ton.  They're obnoxiously good.  Unfortunately, I was not quite awake when I made them so I forgot to take pictures of the process... but c'mon, its pancakes, not brain surgery. 

So here's the recipe for the pancakes and a few pictures of children happily gobbling them up. 

No, my daughter is not blue.  Photoshop is having one of those days so I was forced to throw this one in, unedited.  Stupid photoshop. 


Did I mention forks were not necessary?  Just dig right in, really.



Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, vanilla, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
  3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment